• Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
• Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
• Load output on the small models
• Battery Life: intelligent battery management by load shedding
• Automatic battery voltage recognition
• Flexible charge algorithm
• Over-temperature protection and power de-rating when temperature is high.
Color Control GX
All Victron Energy MPPT Charge Controllers are compatible with the Color Control GX: The Color
Control GX provides intuitive control and monitoring for all products connected to it. The list of
Victron products that can be connected is endless: Inverters, Multis, Quattros, MPPT 150/70, BMV-600
series, BMV-700 series, Skylla-i, Lynx Ion and even more.
VRM Online Portal
Besides monitoring and controlling products on the Color Control GX, the information is also
forwarded to our free remote monitoring website: the VRM Online Portal. To get an impression of the
VRM Online Portal, visit https://vrm.victronenergy.com, and use the ‘Take a look inside’ button. The
portal is free of charge.
Output current (I) of a solar panel as function
of output voltage (V).
The Maximum Power Point (MPP) is the point
Pmax along the curve where the product I x V
reaches its peak.
Output power P = I x V as function of output
When using a PWM (not MPPT) controller the
output voltage of the solar panel will be
nearly equal to the voltage of the battery, and
will be lower than Vmp.