Selecting a Solar Module
The sizing of the solar module needs to meet the load demands of the appliances you wish to use. There are a number of calculations needed. These include the amount of sunlight available in your location, the number and load drain of the appliances and the expected usage of these appliances. As a guide, a small 5W module is sufficient to maintain the charge on a battery infrequently used for boating. An 80W module is typically used by caravan owners seeking to power lighting and small appliances. Twelve 120W modules would be sufficient for a small residential home.
- Maximum power: 40W
- Optimum power voltage (Vmp) 18.3V
- Optimum operating current (Imp) 2.185A
- Open circuit voltage (Voc) 21.90V
- Short circuit current (Isc) 2.485A
- Solar cell: 156 x 156 monocrystalline
- Size of module (mm) 670x 460 x 30
- Front glass thickness (mm) 3.2
- Temperature range (°C) -40 to 85
- Tolerance wattage (%) /- 3
- cell efficiency > 18.7
- Frame Anodized Aluminium Alloy
- Weight per piece (kg) 4.0
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
We offer 5 years warranty on this product from its date of purchase. This is available from Altronics stores, online purchases or Altronics resellers. In accordance with our full warranty terms we will repair, replace or refund if goods you have purchased from us are defective.